Updated September 2021
OFT is committed to sharing information and resources that can help our members understand the public health situation and advocate for our safety and rights at work and for our students’ safety and educational needs. Throughout this page, you will find links to resource pages from trustworthy agencies and organizations. See the table of contents below to find the information you’re looking for.
Contact your local union President or leadership regarding any workplace issues or potential violations of your collective bargaining agreement.
- General Public Health Information
- Health Guidance for K-12 Schools
- Ohio Department of Education Information
- U.S. Department of Education Information
- Higher Education Information
- Information on Safe and Healthy Workplaces
- Information on COVID-19 Vaccines
- AFT & Share My Lesson Resources
- Ohio Department of Health - Resources on COVID-19
- You can also call ODH with questions at 833-4ASK-ODH
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Guidance for COVID-19 Prevention in K-12 Schools (August 5, 2021 – CDC)
- See more K-12 resources from the CDC here, including information for administrators and teachers
- COVID-19 Health and Prevention Guidance for Ohio K-12 Schools (July 26, 2021 – Ohio Department of Health)
- Updated K-12 School Guidance (July 27, 2021 – Ohio Department of Health)
- Guidelines for Quarantine After Exposure in K-12 Classroom Settings (August 5, 2021 – Ohio Department of Health)
- Flowchart – Guidelines for Quarantine After Exposure in K-12 Classroom Settings (August 5, 2021 – Ohio Department of Health)
- Resources for Return (Back to School 2021-2022)
- Includes General Back to School Resources, Educator Supports, and Student Supports.
- Covid Impact on OTES / Educator Evaluations for 2021-2022
- Guidance for Institutions of Higher Education (July 23, 2021 – CDC)
- COVID-19 Guidance from Ohio Dept. of Higher Education
- OSHA Resources
- CDC: Cleaning and Disinfecting (Every Day and When Someone is Sick)
- COVID-19 Vaccines: Frequently Asked Questions (Ohio Department of Health – August 2, 2021)
- COVID-19 Vaccines: Myths vs. Facts (Ohio Department of Health – June 11, 2021)
- If you have not already created your free log-in account for Share My Lesson, we encourage you to do that so you can join their online community.
- AFT resources on the coronavirus
- Share My Lesson - Coronavirus Lesson Plans and Resources
- Remote Learning Community
- Once you have joined the community, you can access discussion threads for teachers of different subjects and age groups.
- Trauma Coverage for AFT members